Specifications and Features
- Rapid data transfer with USB 3.2 Gen2 extreme high-speed interface (max. up to 10Gbp/s)
- Military-grade shockproof (122cm) portable solid state drive
- 3D ridged design for protection against scratches and fingerprints
- Made of lightweight aluminum with superior heat dissipation
- Slim L-shaped LED status light that can be seen from the top and front
- Includes 2 USB 3.2 fast sync and charge cables (Type-C to Type-C and Type-C to Type-A)
- Free SP Widget software download available for backup and restore, AES 256-bit encryption, and cloud storage
One quick look at the CrystalDiskInfo to check S.M.A.R.T. and overall condition of our drive. Everything is perfect. The drive is already after a couple of tests what you can see in the program’s window.
The temperature of the BOLT B75 Pro is about 40°C. It’s a typical temperature and won’t be much higher during the higher drive’s load.
Package and its Contents
The package looks not much different than that of most memory products. It’s a small box with a window so we can see the product if we are buying it in a retail store. On the package, there are all main features like high speed, shock/scratch resist or drive’s interface, which in this case is USB-C.
The drive comes with two high-quality USB cables. One is a USB type-A to type- C, and the other one is a C-type cable. Both provide the same maximum bandwidth which for the BOLT 75 Pro is 520MB/s read, and 420MB/s write. It’s a bandwidth of a modern SATA SSD, and this is what we find inside the enclosure. I will back to the cables for a minute as they are both braided and seem really durable. It’s really a must if we are using an external drive more often. Most competitive products have only low-quality cables which have to be replaced not long after purchase what is, of course, additional cost for the user.
The BOLD looks simple but also elegant. It doesn’t look like a cheap toy what some competitive brands offer. If we are working in a more professional environment, then it will fit perfectly.
Once we open the enclosure, then we will see a SATA type drive which has no additional description. Silicon Power used us to see high-performance drives, so we expect that the BOLT will perform well, regardless of what we find inside the enclosure.
The BOLT B75 is fully supporting USB 3.2 Gen 2 standard which is more than the standard SATA drive can make. How well the drive performs, we will show you on the next page of this article. There are also a couple of things worth to mention for all who are interested in purchasing an external drive so let’s move to the next page.