Verdict and Conclusion
Amazing! This is one of the fastest (if not THE fastest) GeForce RTX 2060 we’ve tested to date. Although the default boost speed is clearly stated on Asus’s website as 1710 MHz, surprisingly the card’s actual default boost speed is set to 1800 MHz in gaming mode. And if you use Asus’s GPU Tweak II software, you can boost it to 1830 MHz in OC mode. In fact, if you’ve got the courage you can boost it even further. Be warned, any overclocking is done at your own risk.
At full load, the card reached a high of only 56 degrees Celsius, which is surprisingly low considering it is running on “Gaming Mode” with an overclocked GPU at 1800 MHz. This card is clearly designed for overclocking, and to keep things cool Asus have included their MaxContact cooling solution, which features a heat spreader with twice the surface area, and cooled by 3 Wing Blade fans. Well done Asus in keeping my graphics card COOL!
It’s clear that Asus is aiming this card for the gaming enthusiasts, and this is evident with the triple wing-blad fans, RGB LEDs, MaxContact cooling solution as well as the Dual BIOS switch, which you can easily between performance and quiet profiles.
The Aura Sync RGB lighting is great for gamers and modders, while the LED on/off switch is an added bonus for those who don’t want distracting lights affecting gameplay.
During our test, it produced excellent scores in all of our benchmarks, including a score of 3982 in UL’s 3DMark Port Royal and 7933 in Time Spy. To put it simply, the the performance of the Asus ROG Strix Gaming GeForce RTX 2060 is truly astounding. No other GeForce RTX 2060 we’ve tested can beat it.
You can buy the Asus ROG Strix Gaming GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6) Graphics Card for USD $419.99 from Amazon – https://amzn.to/2G3QYyx. At this price, it’s a little too expensive for my liking, but you are getting one of the fastest RTX 2060 money can buy.
- Excellent performance
- The fastest RTX 2060 on the market
- LED on/off switch
- Dual BIOS switch
- MaxContact cooling solution with 3 Wing Blade fans
- Aura Sync RGB lighting
If your decision is purely based on performance, then there’s no question the Asus ROG Strix Gaming GeForce RTX 2060 is a real winner here. Currently, there isn’t another GeForce RTX 2060 that can beat it so far. However having said that, the high price could be pretty hard to justify if you’re on a tight budget … other than that, it does offer excellent performance, great features and superb overclocking ability.
- ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2060 AMP (6GB GDDR6) Review
- MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS 6G OC Graphics Card Review
- ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 OC MINI (8GB GDDR6) Review
- Asus ROG Strix B360-F Gaming Motherboard Review
- Asus Hyper M.2 x16 Card Review
- Asus ROG Maximus X Hero (Z370) Motherboard Review
- Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme (X299) Motherboard Review
- Asus ROG Strix Radeon RX Vega 64 Graphics Card Review
- Asus ROG Zenith Extreme (Ryzen Threadripper) Motherboard Review
- Asus BRT-828 AC2600 Dual-WAN VPN WiFi Router Review
- Asus ROG GR8 II Mini Gaming PC Review