Conclusion and Verdict
As you can see from the testing results on the previous page, the Katana is a performer. The results are well within my expectations. The timings are great and the rest of specs are also decent. Not one complaint from the performance aspect, of the Katana RAM. Now what makes this RAM stand out from others is the design. The RAM at first glance looks to be simple, yet sophisticated. The chrome accent on the top does have the look of a shiny sword and had a smooth uniform flow. And your last thought would be, I bet that lights up. Because honestly it doesn’t look like anything would shine through the mirror finish. Then the magic happens and Wow the light comes screaming through. When the light shines through, it looks something similar to a and ice cube with an LED in the center. The light has great color and has a mild shine. It definitely doesn’t look like the light is coming through plastic, more like a piece of glass.
Lastly, the price for 16GB of 3200 MHz performance RAM (with similar specs) is going to run you on an average of about 100 bucks. SO I was pleased to see that this RAM weighed in at 119. One thing to note is the Katana has ARGB. This is something a lot of other RAM is missing. BOOO-YAHHH Jim!
As you can expect with any RGB memory be sure to check you clearances. These have some height on them but are not extremely tall. Just be sure to double check. It is the worst to get something and realize you have compatibility issues because of the size.
- Unique Design
- Looks great even when the lights are off
- Not a one
If you are looking for an ARGB solution for your RAM, then Antec has answered the call with the Series 7 Katana. The RAM is stunning when lit up and even looks classy when the lights are off. The samurai sword inspiration definitely shines through with the Katana!
- Patriot Viper 4 Blackout Series DDR4 64GB (2x32GB) 3600MHZ RAM Review
- Ballistix Elite 32GB DDR4-3600 Memory Kit Review
- TeamGroup T-Force T1 Gaming Series DDR4-2666 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Silicon Power XPower Turbine 16GB DDR4-3200 Memory Kit Review
- Ballistix Sport LT 64GB DDR4-3200 White Memory Kit Review
- HyperX Predator 16GB DDR4-4000 Memory Kit Review
- Thermaltake WaterRAM RGB Liquid Cooling Memory – DDR4-3200 16GB Kit Review
- TeamGroup T-Force XCalibur RGB DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review