Verdict and Conclusion
Initially, I got a little confused with this new line of “Creator” motherboards from ASRock. I didn’t know what to make of it. Was it really necessary to introduce a new line of motherboards, when you already have Phantom Gaming, Taichi, Steel Legend, Extreme, and Pro series. But surprisingly, the ASRock X570 Creator is quite unique and it’s designed for content creators and high-end enthusiast users.
Unique how? Well, it’s the first affordable, consumer-grade AM4 motherboard featuring a 10G LAN. The maximum LAN speed on all the other AM4 motherboards I’ve tested so far, is only 2.5G. This means, if you’re lucky enough to own a 10G router/switch, the transfer rate between your computer and any NAS storage device will be pretty awesome. It’s ideal for any content creator that requires a fast network when handling large video files (especially RAW files).
Another interesting point to make, is the fact that the default BIOS setting (AUTO) is optimized, so that the processor runs at a minimum boost speed of 4.3GHz during load. This means I don’t have to worry too much about tweaking the BIOS, to get the best out of my system.
During our benchmarks, we got some impressive scores including a Cinebench score of 2,087, and a PCMark 10 score of 7,164. For Port Royal, we got a score of 6,499 and a DLSS score of 44.05 fps. For 3DMark Timespy and Firestrike, we got scores of 11,037 and 22,630 respectively.
One feature that’s lacking with the X570 Creator are the onboard RGB LEDs … there’s none whatsoever. I guess this kind of feature isn’t really required for content creators. However, it does come with some RGB headers instead, and you get a ton of other features that’s just too many to list. You can check out the complete list of features here.
No word on how much the ASRock X570 Creator will cost, but expect to pay between USD $450 to $500, which I think is extremely expensive. In the meantime, you get the ASRock X570 Taichi motherboard on Amazon for around USD $299.
- Supports all AMD Ryzen 3rd and 2nd Gen processors
- AMD X570 chipset
- AMD Crossfire and Nvidia NVLink support
- Support memory speeds of up to DDR4-4666+ OC
- Excellent performance
- Aquantia 10G LAN
- Wifi 6
- Thunderbolt 3
- Support PCIE 4.0
- Polychrome RGB
- 2 x Hyper M.2 slots for SSD covered by a full coverage heatsink with active fan
I’m not sure why ASRock hasn’t already named their X570 Creator as their flagship motherboard … they should! This motherboard is in my opinion, THE benchmark by which all X570 motherboards should be measured. It offers excellent performance, and a rich feature list that’s just unbelievably attractive. If you’re a content creator or a high-end power user, then you have to check out the ASRock X570 Creator for sure. Well done ASRock!
You can check out the latest prices on Amazon:
- Amazon US – https://amzn.to/2OpSIqg (ASRock X570 Taichi)
- Amazon UK – https://amzn.to/30Ttwem (ASRock X570 Creator)
- Amazon DE/EU – https://amzn.to/2AMll8P (ASRock X570 Creator)
- ASRock X570 Extreme4 Motherboard Review
- ASRock X570 Steel Legend Motherboard Review
- ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X Motherboard Review
- ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 9 Motherboard Review
- ASRock B450M Steel Legend (AM4) Motherboard Review
- ASRock X399 Phantom Gaming 6 (Ryzen Threadripper) Motherboard Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac Motherboard Review