Some weeks ago, we reviewed the ASRock Z490 PG Velocita, which was designed for Intel’s 10th Gen processors (LGA1200). And if you noticed, ASRock has added the word “Velocita” to the original “Phantom Gaming” brand. Today, we will be taking a look at the ASRock B550 PG Velocita motherboard, designed for AMD Ryzen processors. It will give us the chance to find out what the Velocita series has to offer, and whether it’s really designed for gamers .
Even though AMD B550 chipset is designed for lower budget users, both the Z490 PG Velocita and B550 PG Velocita motherboards look quite similar at first sight. Of course, there are differences between these products, but to find out more, you will have to check our review below.
For sure, the B550 PG Velocita is an interesting product and is full of various gaming features, so let’s not make this introduction any longer and start with some technical details and product photos.
If you’re not too sure what the main differences are between the X570 and the B550 chipset, here is an easy chart for comparison. Basically, the X570 offer full PCIE Gen4 support for both the General Purpose Lanes and CPU chipset uplinks, which will allow for faster performance. While the B550 can only provide PCIE Gen3 support for those lanes.
And to be honest, you’ll won’t see that much of a difference in performance between the two. One of the main advantages of the B550 chipset, is that their motherboards are cheaper and attractively priced, while offering similar performance to the X570.
ASRock Inc. is established in 2002, specialized in the field of motherboards. ASRock strives to build up its own brand. With the 3C design concept, “Creativity, Consideration, Cost-effectiveness”, the company explores the limit of motherboards manufacturing while paying attention on the eco issue at the same time, developing products with the consideration of eco-friendly concept.
ASRock has been growing fast and become world third largest motherboard brand with headquarter in Taipei, Taiwan and branches in Europe and the USA. The young and vibrant company targets from mainstream to enthusiast MB segments for different kinds of users, owning reputation around the world market with its reliability and proficiency.
Fast, Mysterious, Unbeatable
Phantom Gaming is designed by gamers and for gamers! Underneath its relentless appearance lie plentiful gaming oriented features and excellent gaming capabilities. It’s all about bringing a new gaming experience to gamers!
PG Velocita is a brand new high end product line under the Phantom Gaming family, the PG Velocita motherboard series packed full with uncompromised performance as well as relentless appearance. “Velocità” is Italian for “Velocity”, destined to give a fast and unbeatable gaming experience to the gamers!
Key features of the ASRock B550 PG Velocita:
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen™ / Future AMD Ryzen™ Processors
- 14 Power Phase Design, Digi Power, Dr. MOS
- Supports DDR4 4733+ (OC)
- 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 2 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 Key E for WiFi
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI
- AMD CrossFireX.
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Nahimic Audio
- 6 SATA3, 1 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4 x4), 1 M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x2 & SATA3)
- 3 USB 3.2 Gen2 (Rear Type A+C, Front Type-C), 4 USB 3.2 Gen1 (2 Front, 2 Rear)
- Phantom Gaming 2.5G LAN
- ASRock B550M Steel Legend Motherboard Review
- ASRock B550 Taichi Motherboard Review
- ASRock Z490 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 Motherboard Review
- ASRock Z490 PG Velocita Motherboard Review
- ASRock Z490 Steel Legend Motherboard Preview
- ASRock X570 Creator Motherboard Review
- ASRock X570 Steel Legend Motherboard Review
- ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X Motherboard Review